Apr 10, 2011

This movie needs to be released

I really, really hope that the movie " The Music Never Stopped" is at some point released nation wide.


Trailer For The Music Never Stopped


 It  brings therapeutic possiblities from music...  I know for me, the best gift I ever received was my high school graduation present from my brother. Two tickets to see Phish in the summer of 1997 in Raleigh , NC and Atlanta, Ga. The first show being in Raleigh, NC, where a biblical storm ensued as the band swayed its way through the the first set. Culminating with one of the best versions of Taste in my opinion. It seemed as if God and Page McConnell (Piano / Keyboardist) were jamming with each other (see DVD or Listen to CD's).

As my brother was trying to get me to go with him to take some type of shelter from the bolts of electricity raining down from the heavens above, I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort. For the first time in my life I understood how music could touch the soul of those who were willing to  let their defenses down and release their inhibitions, and I was home. Life would never be the same.........

PHISH
Tuesday, 07/22/1997 Raleigh, NC

Set 1: Runaway Jim -> My Soul, Water in the Sky, Stash, Bouncin'Bouncing Around the Room, Vultures, Bye Bye Foot[1], Taste
Set 2: DwDDown with Disease -> Mike'sMike's Song -> Simple -> HydrogenI Am Hydrogen > WeekapaugWeekapaug Groove[2], Hello My Baby
Encore: CircusWhen the Circus Comes > HoodHarry Hood

[1] Mother tease from Trey.
[2] Mother and Hydrogen teases; closed with a Can't
You Hear Me Knocking tease.
Notes: The first set of this show was performed during a furious lightning storm; during Taste, the band even jammed along with the thunder and lightning. Mother (Pink Floyd) was teased by Trey in Bye Bye Foot and Weekapaug. Weekapaug also included a Hydrogen tease and closed with a Can’t You Hear Me Knocking tease. This




No comments:

Post a Comment