Jun 15, 2016

The Fall and the Rise: Day 39


It has now been 40 days since I was last home. 39 since I have been in the hospital and rehab. I have made huge progress in these days. Although I am still not allowed to put weight on my right leg, I have regained 103* range of motion, I am no longer in the brace, and can make a pretty good distance hopping with the assistance of a walker. This has led the staff here to coin the nickname Cottontail for me. The biggest news of the day is I will be discharged from the rehab facility tomorrow and heading home!!! Next Wednesday I will be clear to begin actively bending my knee as well as using a stationary bike and water exercises. I will also continue rehab as an outpatient there. I will return to the doctor that did my surgery on July 11th. At that point if everything is going to plan I should be begin weight bearing and “learning” to walk again.

There has been so much outpouring of support during all of this that I don’t know how really to express my thanks and gratitude. Although I have a ways to go yet, it is made easier with the support of my friends and family. You guys are what has kept me strong through all of this and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
So on to the next phase……


-CB

video of rescue:

PHOTOS


No comments:

Post a Comment