Sep 21, 2011

Backpacking the Chattooga River

This past weekend, September 17 - 18, 2011, I parked my car at Ridley Fileds parking area On Hwy 28 in South Carolina just before you cross Russel Bridge. I hiked South/southwest down the Bartram/Chattoga river trail.

Ended up Doing a little over 9 miles the first day with some backtracking and one or two wrong turns. There are a couple tricky turns so you have to make sure to keep your eye out for trail markers (gold diamonds). I stayed on Warwoman creek Saturday night before hiking about seven miles back to the car Sunday.

It was a real pleasure to hike and I got the added bonus of running up on Turkeys both days along the trail. I only saw one other person over the weekend. He was fishing up near Russel Bridge

The temperatures and weather were excellent!! Highs in the 60's and lows in the 50's.


Hope you enjoy the picture and videos as much as I enjoyed getting them!

-Jeremy

Photos

Video Part 1


Video Part 2




1 comment: